Community members usually come together to do zazen on Wednesday evenings from 7-9 pm and Sunday mornings from 9-11 am. In addition, the residents sit every morning from 6:30 – 7:30 am, and community members are welcome. Please check the calendar below for variations.
Highlights of the Current Month
- 11/11, Saturday: Orientation to Zen Practice, 9 am to noon. No preregistration is necessary and there is no fee.
- 11/14, Tuesday: NEW! Beginner’s Mind Forum. A time for informal discussion and questions about practice, from 6 to 7 pm. Not just for newcomers, all are welcome.
- 11/17, Friday: Board of Directors meeting, 6:30 pm.
- 11/19, Sunday: Work Party , 9 am to noon followed by lunch.
- 11/26, Sunday: Sangha Hiking Zazenkai (all-day sitting), 9 am to 4:00 pm We meet at the trail head TBA. Bring a brownbag lunch for lunch period.
Highlights of the Next Month
- 12/9, Saturday: Orientation to Zen Practice, 9am to noon. No preregistration is necessary and there is no fee.
- 12/10, Sunday: Winter Sangha Meeting after the regular Sunday sitting.
- 12/17, Sunday: Zazenkai, 8:30 am to 4 pm. This is a day of zazen with a short lunch break in the middle. Please bring a bag lunch. There is a Dharma Talk in the afternoon. You may come to all or any part of this.
- 12/31, Sunday: Samu, 9am to noon. This is a silent work period followed by lunch.
- 12/31, Sunday: New Years Sitting, 7 pm till next year. This is a quiet and peaceful alternative to the usual raucous and noisy party celebrations.
Below is the calendar in pdf form that you can scroll though to the current month. When you choose the light green “Download” link the calendar will be displayed full screen as a pdf which you can download and/or print. Press the expansion button on the top right corner to simply view the calendar as a whole page. Please note that the Vipassana dates are times the organization Vipassana Hawaii rents the temple for their retreats. We are close Dharma friends but separate organizations so please contact them directly for questions and sign-up.
Below, for ease of download to your mobile devices and ease of readability on mobile devices is a Google version of our calendar, kept up to date with the latest changes.