Calendars: PDF & Google
Community members usually come together to do zazen on Wednesday evenings from 7-9 pm and Sunday mornings from 9-11 am. In addition, the residents sit every morning from 6:30 – 7:30 am, and community members are welcome. Please check the calendar below for variations.
Highlights of the Current Month
- 8/1 – 8/5: Relaxed period. The temple is closed and there are no Honolulu Diamond Sangha programs mornings or evenings.
- 8/6, Sunday: Samu (zazen and silent work practice), 9 am to noon followed by lunch.
- 8/12, Saturday: Orientation to Zen Practice, 9 am to noon. No preregistration is necessary and there is no fee.
- 8/13, Sunday: Zazenkai (all-day sitting), 8:30 am to 4:00 pm followed by tea. Bring a brown-bag lunch for the 11:30 – 12:30 lunch period. All are welcome for all or part of the day. Our annual Founders’ Day Ceremony will begin at 1:00 after a period of zazen.
- 8/16, Wednesday: NEW! Beginner’s Mind Forum. A time for informal discussion and questions about practice, from 6 to 6:45 pm, before our regular Wednesday zazen program at 7:00. Not just for newcomers, all are welcome.
- 8/23, Wednesday: Zazen/Dokusan with Question and Response time, 7 to 9 pm followed by tea.
- 8/25, Friday: Board of Directors meeting, 6:30 pm.
- 8/27, Sunday: Work Party (dharma assembly and informal work practice), 9 am to noon followed by lunch.
Below is the calendar in pdf form that you can scroll though to the current month. When you choose the light green “Download” link the calendar will be displayed full screen as a pdf which you can download and/or print. Press the expansion button on the top right corner to simply view the calendar as a whole page. Please note that the Vipassana dates are times the organization Vipassana Hawaii rents the temple for their retreats. We are close Dharma friends but separate organizations so please contact them directly for questions and sign-up.
Below, for ease of download to your mobile devices and ease of readability on mobile devices is a Google version of our calendar, kept up to date with the latest changes.