Calendars: PDF & Google
Community members usually come together to do zazen on Wednesday evenings from 7-9 pm and Sunday mornings from 9-11 am. In addition, the residents sit every morning from 6:30 – 7:30 am, and community members are welcome. Please check the calendar below for variations.
Highlights of the Current Month
- 6/4, Sunday: Zazenkai (all-day sitting), 8:30 am to 4:00 pm followed by tea. Bring a brown-bag lunch for the 11:30 – 12:30 lunch period. All are welcome for all or part of the day. There will be a teisho (talk) at 1:00, and in the late afternoon we will have a ceremony to open the Intensive Practice Period.
- 6/4 – 7/19: Intensive Practice Period. Schedule includes Zazen Monday through Thursday evenings, and dokusan on Monday as well as Wednesday. All evening programs are from 7-9 pm. Please see our pdf or google calendar pages for specifics. Early morning zazen will be from 6:00 – 7:30 am during the IPP.
- 6/10, Saturday: Orientation to Zen Practice, 9 am to noon. No preregistration is necessary and there is no fee.
- 6/14, Wednesday: Zazen/Dokusan with Question and Response time, 7 to 9 pm followed by tea.
- 6/21, Wednesday: NEW! Beginner’s Mind Forum. A time for informal discussion and questions about practice, from 6 to 6:45 pm, before our regular Wednesday zazen program at 7:00. Not just for newcomers, all are welcome.
- 6/23, Friday: Board of Directors meeting, 6:30 pm.
- 6/25, Sunday: Work Party (dharma assembly and informal work practice), 9 am to noon followed by lunch.
- 6/30, Friday: Gather for Summer Sesshin July 1-7. The temple will be closed from Saturday, July 1 through Friday, July 7 for our Summer Zen sesshin.
Below is the calendar in pdf form that you can scroll though to the current month. When you choose the light green “Download” link the calendar will be displayed full screen as a pdf which you can download and/or print. Press the expansion button on the top right corner to simply view the calendar as a whole page. Please note that the Vipassana dates are times the organization Vipassana Hawaii rents the temple for their retreats. We are close Dharma friends but separate organizations so please contact them directly for questions and sign-up.
Below, for ease of download to your mobile devices and ease of readability on mobile devices is a Google version of our calendar, kept up to date with the latest changes.