Calendars: PDF & Google
Community members usually come together to do zazen on Wednesday evenings from 7-9 pm and Sunday mornings from 9-11 am. In addition, the residents sit every morning from 6:30 – 7:30 am, and community members are welcome. Please check the calendar below for variations.
Highlights of the Current Month
- 3/11, Saturday: Orientation to Zen Practice, 9 am to noon. No preregistration is necessary and there is no fee.
- 3/15, Wednesday: NEW! Beginner’s Mind Forum. A time for informal discussion and questions about practice, from 6 to 6:45 pm, before our regular Wednesday zazen program at 7:00. Not just for newcomers, all are welcome.
- 3/15, Wednesday: Zazen/Dokusan with Question and Response time, 7 to 9 pm followed by tea.
- 3/17, Friday: Board of Directors meeting, 6:30 pm.
- 3/19, Sunday: Samu (zazen and silent work practice), 9 am to noon followed by lunch.
- 3/19, Wednesday: Deadline for registration for our 5 day Hele Malie (“Peaceful Walking”) backpacking sesshin (May 15 – 20, 2017).
- 3/20-23, Mon-Thurs: NEW! Evening zazen during the week leading up to sesshin. In addition to our regular Wednesday evening program, we will sit together on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 7-9 pm. Friday is the gathering day for our Spring Sesshin.
- 3/24 – 3/29: Spring Sesshin. The temple will be closed from Saturday, 3/25 through Wednesday, 3/29 for our 5 day Zen sesshin (full-time overnight silent “retreat”). All are welcome to attend the Dharma Assembly with presentation by the teacher at 2 pm on Saturday through Tuesday. Please arrive a few minutes early and wait to be escorted into the zendo. Maintain quiet, please, and remain on the lanai; you may use the restrooms during kinhin just before the assembly.
Below is the calendar in pdf form that you can scroll though to the current month. When you choose the light green “Download” link the calendar will be displayed full screen as a pdf which you can download and/or print. Press the expansion button on the top right corner to simply view the calendar as a whole page. Please note that the Vipassana dates are times the organization Vipassana Hawaii rents the temple for their retreats. We are close Dharma friends but separate organizations so please contact them directly for questions and sign-up.
Below, for ease of download to your mobile devices and ease of readability on mobile devices is a Google version of our calendar, kept up to date with the latest changes.