Calendars: PDF & Google
Community members usually come together to do zazen on Wednesday evenings from 7-9 pm and Sunday mornings from 9-11 am. In addition, the residents sit every morning from 6:30 – 7:30 am, and community members are welcome. Please check the calendar below for variations.
Highlights of the Current Month
- 5/13, Saturday: Orientation to Zen Practice, 9 am to noon. No preregistration is necessary and there is no fee.
- 5/14, Monday: Deadline for registration for our 7-day Summer Sesshin (June 30 – July 7, 2017).
- 5/15-20: Hele Malie Sesshin (not at Palolo Zen Center). Hele Malie means “peaceful walking.” Participants experience backcountry hiking with zazen and sesshin forms arising from the circumstances of traveling and camping together.
- 5/17, Wednesday: NEW! Beginner’s Mind Forum. A time for informal discussion and questions about practice, from 6 to 6:45 pm, before our regular Wednesday zazen program at 7:00. Not just for newcomers, all are welcome.
- 5/21, Sunday: No Program (day off after sesshin)
- 5/26, Friday: Board of Directors meeting, 6:30 pm.
- 5/28, Sunday: Samu (zazen and silent work practice), 9 am to noon followed by lunch.
- 5/31, Wednesday: Zazen/Dokusan with Question and Response time, 7 to 9 pm followed by tea.
Below is the calendar in pdf form that you can scroll though to the current month. When you choose the light green “Download” link the calendar will be displayed full screen as a pdf which you can download and/or print. Press the expansion button on the top right corner to simply view the calendar as a whole page. Please note that the Vipassana dates are times the organization Vipassana Hawaii rents the temple for their retreats. We are close Dharma friends but separate organizations so please contact them directly for questions and sign-up.
Below, for ease of download to your mobile devices and ease of readability on mobile devices is a Google version of our calendar, kept up to date with the latest changes.